Memory Care at The Haven
The Lodge at Otter Creek offers residents that may be experiencing memory loss, whether from Alzheimer's Disease or any form of dementia, one of the finest memory care programs in New England. Our state-of-the-art, secure community provides residents with individualized programs, innovative care plans and activities based on their level of need. At The Lodges Senior Living Communities, we offer residents a continuum of memory care programs designed to help individuals maintain the highest quality of life possible.
The Meadows Program:
The Meadows Program is New England's first transitional memory care program. A unique opportunity to service the needs of residents experiencing the early stages of cognitive change. Private one and two-bedroom apartments are available in a specialty neighborhood that by design, enhances personal connections within the community. Culinary activities, discussion groups, art and excercise classes are among the daily activities. The Meadows is led by compassionate caregivers, who are certified in this area of need. The higher staff to resident ratio assures an individualized care plan for success. The Meadows is specifically designed for those who are still physically active but may be experiencing the early stages of memory loss.
The Haven Memory Care Program:
The Haven provides a unique combination of services, care and support for those experiencing progressed memory loss. Manages by teams of specially trained caregivers, we provide your family and loved one with the quality care they need and deserve. No detail has been overlooked from speciatly lighting, dining and outdoor areas to a wide variety of engaging activities. Private studio apartments can be furnished with familiary items, ensuring the style and comfort of home. The Haven offers individualized care plans and uniquie activities which address the specific needs of each resident. There are also regular support groups and counseling to help family and friends with the challenges of dementia..
Our compassionate and caring staff receive special training, providing the best possible environment for each resident living with Alzheimer's and memory disorders. Families and friends are encouraged to participate in our support groups, daily activities and special programming. Learn more about our unique memory care program by contacting us today or call 802-388-1220.
Join us on the second Monday of each month from 7:00-8:00 p.m for our Alzheimer's and Dementia support group. Facilitated by Jeannie Slauson, Licensed Psychotherapist, this group is open to all. Please contact Tasha Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-388-1220 for more information.
Memory Care at The Lodge at Otter Creek includes:
- A secure community that provides a safe, engaging and comfortable setting
- Private studio and one-bedroom apartments
- Professionally trained 24-hour staffing including Health Services Director and registered nurses
- Enclosed interactive courtyard with contiguous walking path and potting shed
- Specially designed memory programs
- Daily therapeutic recreation program and interactive activities
- Three meals per day, plus snacks and beverages throughout the day
- Housekeeping services
- Laundering of linens and personal laundry
- Medication management
- Individualized comfort during times of stress and sun downing
- Personal assistance with activities of daily living and emotional support
- Mealtime monitoring and staffing
- Escorts for meals, community outings and services
- On-going communication between care staff and family
- Scheduled transportation
Click HERE to view a Haven apartment floor plan.